Companies work hard to establish their brand, using valuable resources (time, people and money) to create a brand that will make their customers come back again and again.
Yet it doesn’t take much to jeopardize that brand – a bad review on any number of online sites (Google, Glassdoor, Yelp, etc.) can wreak havoc. That makes monitoring your brand’s reputation a priority. By taking a proactive approach, you can become aware of a pending crisis, as well as help manage your organization’s reputation on an ongoing basis.
Here are a few ideas to help you get started.
- Encourage and empower employees, board members and other stakeholders to come forward with information that may signal a crisis and threat to your reputation.
- Monitor print and broadcast media.
- Use tools like Google Alerts to monitor online reputation.
- Subscribe to RSS feeds and watch blogs that may contain information which could flag early signs of a crisis.
- Watch information submitted via your website or social media channels.
Is your business using some kind of online reputation management tool to monitor your digital footprint and keep track of what is being said about your company? We can provide you with an affordable option.